Here are the recipes from our in-store cooking event as promised. Bon appetit! 🙂
LASAGNA AL PESTO
Lasagna with Pesto sauce
50gr basil leaves
100ml extra-virgin olive oil
½ garlic glove peeled
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoons grated Pecorino cheese
2 tablespoons pine nuts
Salt to taste
The traditional way of making Pesto is with a mortar but with the blender the result is absolutely perfect and fast:
- Gently wash the basil leaves, dry them and put into the blender.
- Add the pine nuts, Parmesan, Pecorino cheese, garlic, salt and a bit of olive oil.
- Begin to blend everything and, gradually, add the remaining olive oil until the mixture is well blended and creamy smooth.
- If you prefer the pesto more light and delicate add more pine nuts and Parmesan cheese.
- The secret to prepare a delicious pesto is adding the ingredients gradually and taste it any time you add ingredients.
Salt to taste
Pinch of nutmeg
- Place the butter in a saucepan and turn the heat to low. When the butter is melted add the flour a little at a time… with a whipstirring continuously to combine them and to avoid any lumps being formed.
- Remove the saucepan from the stove.
- Add the hot milk a little at the time.
- Put the saucepan back on the stove and slowly stir with a wooden spoon, until the sauce starts boiling and becomes thicker.
- Turn heat off. Add salt and a pinch of nutmeg.
250g lasagne sheets
Besciamella sauce mixed with Pesto sauce
5 potatoes medium size
150g Parmesan cheese
250g Mozzarella cheese
- Cut the mozzarella into small cubes.
- Cut into slices the potatoes previously boiled.
- Cover the bottom of a flat oven pan (approximately 20x30cm) with two tablespoons of Besciamella/Pesto sauce.
- Place one layer of pasta strips spread with the Besciamella/Pesto sauce, the potatoes and mozzarella and the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Repeat the layers until all ingredients are used. Cover the last layer with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheat oven at 180°C for about 40 minutes.
a 125gr jar of yogurt
2 tablespoons milk
3 jars flour
2 jars sugar
1 jar sunflower oil
3 teaspoons baking powder
- Mix all the ingredients together starting from liquid ones.
- When the ingredients are blended together, fill your muffin cups.
- Bake the at 180°C for about 20 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the muffin cool and sprinkle with icing sugar.
If you like you can add one grated lemon zest or 1 teaspoon of vanilla powder.
 Lasagna can be conveniently prepared in advance, refrigerated or frozen, to cook at a later time.